TIP: You can make the recipe in advance and refrigerate overnight. The next day form into balls and cook as describe above.
HOW TO COOK LENTILS:
- Measure 3/4 cup of lentils and slowly add to colander being watchful for any debris, small rocks, etc. Rise under running water.
- Place in saucepan with 1-1/2 cups of cold water. As water starts to boil, reduce heat and maintain gentle simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Add water as needed to make sure the lentils are just barely covered.
- Cook until soft; drain.
- Remeasure for the recipe, you may have extra
HOW TO MAKE FLAX SEED MEAL:
- Grind flax seeds in a spice mill, mortar and pestle, coffee grinder, in a NutriBullet (using the milling blade), etc.
- The oils in ground flax spoil easily so only grind what you need at the time. Leftover ground flax should be stored in the freezer.